The Race Director 2017 is now available!
To get started with Race Director 2017, please renew your annual support subscription now. Use the Buy Now option found under the Purchase menu at the Race Director website. Once the page loads, use the Annual Support / Other Options purchase type and select the appropriate support plan based on the number of races you are scoring annually.
2017 Improvements Summary
There are many significant improvements in RD 2017 including:
- New Partnerships Race Director has added Race Result and Agee Race Timing to the list of supported chip systems. Added the IPICO UHF and Trident UHF systems as supported chip systems.
- Chip Processing Auto Import Added the ability to put the chip data import process into “Auto Import” mode for both standard and lap races. While in auto import mode, Race Director will continuously import new reads and publish results as the race is ongoing. A new application called “Race Day Results” has been developed so that you can produce reports while Race Director continues in auto import mode.
- Race Director Go Custom Reports Added the ability to send standard Race Director reports to RD Go as a separate result set. These reports will appear along with the standard result sets on the Result Page. Race Director reports with this capability include: Team Detail, Team Summary, Age Graded Results, Predicted Time Results and Single Segment Finish Lists.
- Check Points Created a new Timing Point setting to designate a Timing Point as a check mat. Several new reports for showing check mat detail have been developed.
- Cross Country Complete overhaul of the “Dual Meet” mode reporting.
2016 Online Registration Provider Survey Results
We created a survey asking timers what Online Registration Providers they currently are using, and which one of those is their favorite to use. We had 83 timers respond to these questions, and you can find a summary of their responses below. Please note that because participants were allowed to select multiple platforms the total percentages can add up to over 100%. Click on Read more below for details.
Race Director Mid Year Update
Upcoming Conference. Join us in Philadelphia for the Third Annual Race Director/Timer Symposium on July 18-20. This year's conference will again include Customer Race Presentations and RunSignUp Employee Demos. The conference is designed for both timers and race directors. There will be a half day session devoted to Race Director where many of the latest 2016 enhancements (see below) will be highlighted.
Recent Race Director 2016 Enhancements. There have been several rather significant updates to Race Director 2016 in recent months. Click on Read More below to review the details.
The Race Director 2016
The Race Director 2016 is now available!
To get started with Race Director 2016, please renew your annual support subscription now. Use the Buy Now option found under the Purchase menu at the Race Director website. Once the page loads, use the "Annual Support / Other Options" purchase type and select the appropriate support plan based on the number of races you are scoring annually.
2016 Improvements Summary
There are many significant improvements in RD 2016 including:
- New Partners. Race Director has added Trident to the list of supported chip systems. Integrations have also been built to online registration systems imAthlete, MyLaps, Race Entry, Race Roster, and Direct Athletics.
- Participant Update. Added a browse button to enable viewing and updating participant data in a grid. Created the ability to search by bib number and name and to sort the grid by any column.
- Cross Country Announcer. Added a new version of the Announcer screen. The left side of the screen shows the finish list and the right side shows team scores. Team scores are updated with each finisher.
- 2015 Age Graded Factors. Updated Race Director to use the latest 2015 factors. Made major changes in the tracking of age grade percentage. The assignment of the distance-based factors is now done directly on the Division setup screen. The age grade factor, percentage and net time are now calculated and saved for each participant each time the calculation process fires. You can select any of these fields in Report Line Definitions or as exported data. There is a new setting on the Overall Results report to include the age grade percent as a column on this report.
Cross Country Season 2016
August 24, 2016 - It's that time of year again - cross country season is upon us. Some nice changes are available in RD 2016 for cross country including a new Announcer screen showing team totals in live mode as finishers cross the line. Other changes include the ability to show split times on the finish list report and improved registration roster lists.
The Race Director - System designed specifically for the management of races (running, bicycle, skiing).
-Software for timing
-Individual and team scoring for single races, biathlons and triathlons.
Designed for use with Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000.
Interfaces to all major chip systems:
- MyLaps BibTag
Click on Read More for additional information on this comprehensive application.
Here are some sites that should be of interest to all Race Directors
The Race Timer - Very nice, well documented PC Timing program with interface capabilities designed specifically for Race Director.
Madden Corporate Services, Inc. - T Shirts, awards and other products for Race Directors
Rainbow Racing - Race Numbers and Supplies
Finish Line Clock - Overhead clock for your finish line.
Flying Feet Computers - Makers of the Time Machine electronic time recording system
Time Tech - Makers of the Sprint 8 timer
Interactive Inflatables - Makers of start/finish archways, pop up tents, manners and feather flags.
StickmanImages.com - Event photos.